Thursday, July 10, 2014

Oh, what a day

So today's challenge is to meditate for 5 minutes per day. No biggie for me, I do that when I do my yoga, typically before bed. Cardio, I'll get that taken care of later.

I'm feeling a bit down today, and can't seem to shake it. I need to remember everything happens a specific way for a reason. We had a really really good load cancel on us, but as a wise man told us, not everyone will be a home run, so we justbsit back and wait.

On the plus side within the next month we will be 100% debt free. That's a great thing for us, because we want to start saving money to buy a house cash. A lot of people are looking down on us for that because we don't have a home of our own, but what is the point of almost paying double for a house with 30 years on interest?! That's just crazy to me. Plus it will be nice to say, "I am X years old and own my home".

Anyway, to continue with the challenge, today I am thankful for great advice from great friends. I am thankful that there are still good people in the world that are willing to help others. And finally I am thankful for everyone who takes the time to read my writing.

A meaningful thing did happen this morning. While waiting for nick to finish his shower and older gentleman started talking to me. He pointed out he knew I was one of the girls from the most beautiful contest , he knew by my smile and eyes. He said that I belonged in the top three as I have done a lot for the industry and portray a great persona, and that Ingrid deserved to win. I entirely agree with him :)

Today I would like to recognize a great couple. They have been our mentors for the last two years since we came over to Fedex. They always told us that we deserved better things in life, but never realized it. Thank you B&J!

Well, I am off to do the usual task, clean the truck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment